Are you wondering whether to install an Analog PBX or an IP PBX for your business? Compare Analog PBX and IP PBX to know what your needs are.
For more details, follow the article below!
1. Concept of Analog PBX and IP PBX
1.1 Concept of Analog PBX
- Analog technology: The traditional voice technology, operating through the postal line.
- When customers register to use, the network operators will pull the postal line directly to the customer’s office.
- Analog PBX is a switchboard operating on analog technology. From there, customers buy analog switchboards (hardware equipment), divided into extensions (line).
The concept of Analog PBX
1.2 Concept of IP PBX
IP PBX is a phone exchange operating on the Internet platform to make phone calls to the outside. IP PBX is becoming more and more popular because of the application of more modern and efficient technology, gradually replacing the traditional PBX systems.
A few outstanding advantages that IP PBX makes the difference compared to the old traditional PBX:
- Reduce call charges up to 90%, completely free of internal call charges
- Stable call quality, receive and make calls at the same time for one number, do not miss calls from customers.
- Highly flexible when used on many platforms and devices such as phones, web, desktop…
- Record calls and listen to recorded content
- Review reports, complete and accurate call history statistics
- Strong integration with other systems such as CRM, ERP software, etc. to help identify callers
- Set up call scripts, automatic calls easily.
2. Compare Analog PBX and IP PBX
Choosing a suitable switchboard for current and long-term use is not possible for everyone because as the business expands and grows, the need for internal communication also expands. . Although both Analog and IP PBX have the main function of making and receiving calls. Although they have the same function, they have a lot of differences that you need to consider carefully before buying. Analog PBX is a traditional PBX that has been in use for many years and is mainly used by businesses that need a dedicated phone network system. The newly developed IP PBX uses the Internet to make calls.
Compare Analog PBX and IP PBX
The following is a comparison table of Analog PBX and IP PBX to help you have a more general view:
|Feature||Analog PBX||IP PBX|
|Number head||Can only be deployed in a single location. The relocating office will lose its number. Complex number keeping procedure.||No number loss when changing office location|
|Internal call||Free and limited within the company||Completely free and unlimited geolocation.|
|Auto reply||Yes, limited number of greeting classes and time)||Yes but not limited to quantity and time)|
|Ring phone||Yes (limited)||Yes (no restrictions)|
|Manage and Install||Complex||Simple|
|Report||Yes (simple)||Yes (details)|
|Diverting calls||No (or vendor dependent)||Yes (allows self-configuration of the trigger)|
|Delete incoming calls, block incoming calls||No (or vendor dependent like)||Yes (allows self-configuration of the trigger)|
|Operating time||No||Yes (defining different time periods: During Outside working hours, holidays, Tet…)|
|Call out password||Yes (limited)||Yes (flexible)|
|Number of users||Limit||Unlimited|
|Connecting multiple offices||No||Yes (unlimited)|
|Free calls and reduced rates||No||Have|
|Record||No||Yes (no restrictions)|
|Fax to email||No||Have|
|Implementation||Large infrastructure investment costs. Deploying separate telephone cable infrastructure||Just a single network infrastructure (Internet line). Quick deployment in 30 minutes.|
|Extend||Complicated, high cost||Simple, fast and low cost|
|Maintenance||High cost of maintenance, upgrade and repair.||Staff can handle it on their own after being trained|
|Troubleshoot||Complicated, time consuming. Does not support remediation and remote management, difficult to operate and manage.||Quick fix. In addition, support for remote remediation via multiple channels.|
Above is the difference between Analog PBX and IP PBX, if you still have any questions and need further advice, do not hesitate to contact us immediately. Wish you choose for yourself a switchboard suitable for your business.