Writing standard SEO content is not a strange job for those working in the SEO and Content industry. But to write good SEO content, you not only need to know SEO techniques, but you need to have a deeper understanding of standard SEO content and systematize the most important things in the process of writing SEO content.
The content here talks about the issues you need to understand the industry, searcher insight, user desire to be able to satisfy the user’s desire.
SEO standards here are Search Engine optimization techniques, so that Google can easily read and appreciate the article.
How to write standard SEO content
1. The process of writing standard SEO articles
1.1 Keyword analysis
- Keyword grouping includes the main keyword and many sub-keywords, each group will be each searcher’s desire or related desires.
- In a content that users want, there will be a group of keywords (Hanoi house design, Hanoi house design, Hanoi home design, …)
- However, in that group, it is necessary to have 1 main keyword as the focus, usually the adjusted keyword will have the fewest words and the most searches.
- The rest will be secondary keywords
- Each keyword group word will only be written in exactly 1 article
- Understanding the business, you must really understand the business you are writing about, what strengths does the business have, then it is easy to highlight the brand in the article.
- Understand what the customers of this product industry are like, how they behave, they are readers, only by understanding customers can content attract customers.
- Refer to at least 3-5 articles with the same content group
- Prepare photos + videos in advance
1.3 Article structure
- Prepare all heading tags (H1, H2 – H6) in advance, here we will layout the article first
- With SEODO, we have a brief article, that is, this department will receive the SEO team’s keywords and will write the website structure including tags and headings, from which the content team will write according to that brief.
1.4. Practice writing
- Checklist while writing
- Checklist after writing
1.5. Check out the post
- After executing, we need to check the article, we need to check the writing checklist, spelling errors, sentences, ….
2. Summary of 12 Check Lists when writing standard SEO articles
2.1 Say no to Copy
Google has Google Panda algorithm to penalize copied websites, and no one knows how Google Panda evaluates copied content as content.
If the opponent detects that they are Copying, the opponent can Report DMCA to google to penalize our website, the result will be that the article will drop a lot in rankings.
Use Copy Scape Premium or Lar to check
Principle: Duplicate short and general phrases (house design, interior design), and duplicate long paragraphs (> 8 words) must be reviewed and corrected immediately.
2.2 Sapo paragraph and last paragraph
- Sapo is the first 150 word paragraph of the article.
- Usually we write this paragraph very sketchy and lack of investment for the sapo paragraph. This paragraph will affect the ability of users to continue reading (70% of users will continue reading if this paragraph is impressive, hitting insight)
- Analyze the pain and concern of customers in the group of keywords you are writing, so that it can immediately show the problem customers are interested in.
- The Sapo paragraph and the last 150 words of the sentence should contain keywords
- We need to distinguish Title and Meta title. Title is the title displayed inside each article, usually it will be heading 1 of that article.
- The title does not have to be the same as the Meta Title, but should contain the main and secondary keywords and must be attractive to attract users to continue reading the article.
- Title must be at the beginning of the article
- There is only one heading 1
2.4 Meta Title
Meta Title is the title displayed in Google Search. It has a number of requirements:
- 55 -> 65 characters (65 characters is the limit Google allows to display)
- The main keyword appears in the title (prioritize the words in the keyword that are close to each other, prioritize the main keyword at the top of the Meta Title)
- Meta Title must be Unique with 10 current TOP 10 competitors
- Do not repeat the main keyword twice
- Add other “words” in the sub-keyword (at, stay, cheap, prestige, …)
- There are a few impressive words to increase CTR for the website (read below the article)
In this title, contain all the words of the main keyword and the secondary keyword, the main keyword words are spaced close together so that Google can easily understand the main keyword. There are additional words of the sub-keyword so that Google understands the sub-keyword (this is preferred, not necessary, you may not need to put the sub-keyword in the meta title because of the limited length, ..)
2.5. Meta Description
Meta Description is the description displayed in Google Search. It has the following requirements:
- 150 -> 160 characters
- Main keyword repeated no more than 2 times
- Add all the words of the secondary keywords (at, in, cheap, prestige, …)
2.6. Heading 2 – 6
- There must be at least 5 subheadings in an article (at least 2 headings 2)
- Use keywords in heading 2-3 (No Spam)
- Each time you insert a keyword into the heading, you need to read it again to see if there is spam, if spam, find another way to insert or not insert the keyword anymore.
- H2, H3 need to be bigger than normal text (ranked by H1 -> H2 -> H3 -> H4 -> H5 -> Normal text)
- Bold H2, H3 . tags
2.7. Short, friendly url
- The url needs to contain the main keyword
- Url is not too long (less than 8 characters)
2.8 Keyword Density
- Allocate primary and secondary keywords to content (main keyword density less than 3%)
- Use synonyms and related words
Instead of allocating keywords too much, we replace them with synonyms and related keywords.
If you want to find related and synonymous keywords, you can use keyword research tools to find more (Google Search Box, Keyword Tool.Io, Keyword Planner)
2.9 Bold, italicized
- Bold, italicize main keywords, secondary keywords and other keywords
- Bold, italicize the words that are the highlight of that paragraph, the point that we want the user to see most easily
- Rename the field image when uploading to the website (unsigned image name, containing keywords)
- Natural image alt, no keyword spam
- Image caption contains keywords, but should not be spam
- The photo does not have the brand name of another brand
- Images uploaded to the website are less than 150kb in size
2.11 Using percussion format
- Agree that you can use your own characters, but if so, it will be harder for Google to read the content
- Instead, use the website’s percussion to do this, Google will read the html code and understand it
- Using percussion also makes it easier for users to read content.
2.12 Number of characters
This is an important factor in the present time, but we should not focus too much on this and forget about the article’s ability to satisfy user needs.
Normally, the article should be over 1200 words, for categories it is usually over 2000 words
2.13. Sematic Keyword
There are many ways to add sematic keywords to the article, but the best way is to understand the industry, understand the market, understand the product. Why my SEO articles have many sematic keywords without any tools, that’s in my SEO knowledge. If you do not understand the industry you work in, it is difficult for you to naturally write down many sematic keywords
Some tools that you can search for Sematic keywords are Textrazor, Keywordtool.io or Google Suggest or get from competitors from ahref
2.14. Strong Keyword
- Keywords when bold should use strong instead of bold
2.15. Optimal readability
You won’t need to worry about this if your article is easy to read. However, here are 3 factors I think will make it easier for users to read your article.
- Each paragraph has a maximum of 150 words
- Each paragraph should enter a newline
- Each Subheading is up to 300 words
3. 8 CheckList after writing standard SEO content
The first effect of internal links is to direct users from the article they are reading to another article, providing more value that the user wants.
The second effect of internal links is to pass link juice to other urls, in this case, internal links have the same effect as backlinks from other websites.
Each article needs to have the number of Internal Links:
- At least 2 internal links for 600-800 word articles
- At least 4 internal links for 800-1500 word articles
- At least 6 internal links for articles over 1500 words
From there we have several ways to place internal links
- Put the internal link in the text. With this internal link, it is quite difficult for users to click, so its main purpose is to pass link juice to that url. Put the internal link in the keyword anchor text and related keywords.
- Put Internlinks in CTA (Call to Action) Sentences
CTAs are paragraphs that call for the user to take an action (click on another page, make a phone call, fill out a form, …). In this case, the CTA will have the purpose of calling readers to click on the internal link to go to another useful content.
Putting internal links in the anchor text of keywords and related keywords will increase your effectiveness.
There are 4 ways to apply this form:
- Bring value to users , can be promotional, cheap, best,…: -> Check out 30 men’s watch models at Awatch that are being discounted 50% in April only
- Warning users, from a bad phenomenon, please pull customers to visit the new page: -> Currently there is a situation of too many fake watches, learn about genuine men’s watches so as not to have to See the fake watches there.
- Hitting emotions , headlines: -> Immediately see 30 men’s watch models that promise to storm in 2020
- Increase trust, from competitive advantages of enterprises to bring trust to customers, attract them to click new pages: -> View 30 unique men’s watch models from the company with a door system Vietnam’s largest watch store
3.2. Using External Links
External link works to help users have more good reference sources.
- Need to insert External Links to authoritative and reputable websites in the industry (youtube, wiki, …)
- Need to insert External Link to other related articles or pages
- For External Link to another website, you should set rel=”nofollow”, open in a new tab
3.3. Keyword distribution
- Keywords should be evenly distributed throughout the article
- You can check by add on SEOQUAKE, go to density to see
3.4. Create Internal Link from old posts
Find the old articles (5 articles), point the link from that old post to the current article.
3.5. Spell check
Error cannot be in post content.
3.6. Share on social networks and Bookmark
When the article is public, it is necessary to share the article on the social system to increase the signal and traffic for the article.
3.7. Article table of contents
Table of contents is an important element in an SEO standard content article. There are many plugins that support creating a table of contents, seodo.vn is currently using the paid plugin tocs.
4. Checklist of titles that I often use when writing SEO-standard content
- Title must match the keyword content, satisfy the user’s wishes
- Unique concept, don’t cook the opponent’s title
- Contains keywords
- There is a call to action
- Contains trademarks
- Have beneficial information for customers (discount if any)
- Use special characters or numbers to increase attraction
- The first 3-5 letters need keywords
- Use specific promotions
- Specify a competitive advantage or difference
Above is the entire formula for writing standard SEO content that Lokas.vn is applying to customer and internal projects. I wish you success in applying and creating many effects.