Brand Identity is one of the decisive factors for the success of a business. So what is Brand Identity ? How to build a professional and quality Brand Identity?
Just like you personally, your brand needs unique attributes that highlight its core values and set it apart from the rest of the market. The importance of brand identity for businesses cannot be denied. But do you really understand the concept of “brand identity”, what makes a good – unique – strange identity?
The following article will explain all your questions about Brand Identity and the most professional way to do Brand Identity.
1. What is Brand Identity?
Brand Identity is a term in the field of marketing, with the meaning of brand identity. In the simplest terms, Brand Identity is what customers can see when talking about that business. This is an extremely important element for businesses, helping to distinguish their brands and products in the minds of customers.
Typically, Brand Identity includes the following elements:
- Card visit
The concept of Brand Identity
Brand Identity includes factors that help distinguish brands and products in the minds of customers
All of the above factors will determine whether your brand creates consistency and leaves an imprint in the customer’s memory. They will assign the characteristics of the product to the colors, messages … that the business wants to send through its brand identity. From there, create brand awareness and promote business activities of enterprises.
2. How to build a professional Brand Identity
How to build Brand Identity
2.1 Know who you are
Before starting to build a real identity, you need to know who you are, as a brand.
To realize what is at the core of your brand, you should consider several aspects as follows:
- Brand mission.
- Brand vision.
- The characteristics you want your brand to have.
- What is the difference between your brand and the competition?
- How does your brand communicate with customers?
These elements are what make up your brand. Before actually starting to build the identity, the identification of the above elements is mandatory.
- Why did you embark on this branding?
- What beliefs and values are important to your brand?
- What advantage do you think you have over your competitors?
- What makes you special?
- To describe your brand through 3 adjectives, what should it be?
- And what are 3 adjectives for customers to describe you?
Once you define who you are, it’s time to build an identity for your brand.
2.2 Building and developing Brand Identity
To build a professional brand identity, you need to pay special attention to the following main factors:
A lot of people don’t understand what is typography in Brand Identity. This is a technical term in the field of graphic design with the meaning of font. The font will speak to the characteristics of the brand. Therefore, you need to consider carefully before choosing a font for your design.
Currently, the font system is extremely diverse. Each font will have different expressions and meanings. If you want to show honesty to your customers, you can choose a serif font. If you want to create a brand with a modern and youthful style, you can use Sans Serif Font.
An equally important factor when building Brand Identity is color. Each color represents different meanings. Therefore, color will help businesses convey messages to customers simply and quickly.
Here are some commonly used colors:
- Red: enthusiasm, youth, dynamism.
- Yellow: bright, conveys positive connotations.
- Green: suitable for fields related to nature and finance.
- Blue: represents peace and brings trust to users.
- Purple: associated with luxury.
- Pink: suitable for businesses targeting female customers.
- Black: represents sophistication and modernity.
Design shape is also an aspect that businesses cannot ignore when starting to build Brand Identity. Each cube will say the meaning of the brand, for example:
- Straight lines: show strength, masculinity.
- Round block: create lightness for the design.
- Angled block: gives the viewer a sense of reliability.
3. Design the brand identity system
After you have identified all the elements, you need to link them together to create a brand identity for your business. However, in this process, you need to keep a few things in mind:
The brand identity
- Make sure fonts, shapes and colors are consistent and match the message your message wants to convey.
- An eye-catching logo attracts the attention of the viewer and clearly conveys the value of the brand.
- Website designed professionally and methodically.
- Absolutely do not steal, plagiarize ideas, because this will make your brand lose points in the eyes of consumers.
- Solan, brand name, image… must be prominent and concise, avoiding too many details, causing confusion for the viewer.
- Express Brand Identity through visiting cards, emails, uniforms… to increase efficiency.
Hopefully with the information that we shared in the above article, you have clearly understood “What is Brand Identity” as well as how to create a professional brand identity. We hope this information will help you build the most impressive Brand Identity.